Fitness and Ford: Integrating Healthy Living into Your Driving Routine
As more and more people are looking for ways to integrate healthy living into their busy lifestyles, Ford is making it easier than ever to do just that. With a variety of features and options designed to promote physical activity and good nutrition, Ford vehicles can help you get fit and stay healthy, all while enjoying the convenience and comfort of a new car.
How Ford Helps You Get Fit
There are many ways that Ford vehicles can help you get fit, including:
- Built-in fitness trackers: Many Ford vehicles come equipped with built-in fitness trackers that can track your steps, distance, and calories burned. This can help you stay motivated and on track with your fitness goals.
- SYNC® 4 with FordPass™: SYNC® 4 with FordPass™ allows you to connect your smartphone to your vehicle, so you can access fitness apps and music while you’re on the go. This can make it easier to stay active, even when you’re running errands or commuting to work.
- Active Design Seats: Ford’s Active Design Seats are designed to promote good posture and reduce fatigue, so you can stay comfortable and energized while you’re driving. This can help you stay active longer, and make it easier to get in and out of your vehicle.
- Available all-wheel drive: Ford’s available all-wheel drive system can help you get around in any weather, so you can stay active even when the weather is bad.
Healthy Living Tips for Drivers
In addition to the features and options that Ford offers to help you get fit, there are also a few things you can do as a driver to promote healthy living. These include:
- Make sure to get up and move around every once in a while: Even if you’re on a long road trip, it’s important to get out of the car and stretch your legs every few hours. This will help improve circulation and reduce the risk of blood clots.
- Take breaks from driving: If you’re feeling tired, it’s important to pull over and take a break. Getting out of the car and getting some fresh air can help you wake up and feel refreshed.
- Eat healthy snacks: Instead of reaching for junk food when you’re hungry, pack healthy snacks like fruits, vegetables, and nuts. These snacks will help you stay energized and focused, and they’re better for your overall health.
- Stay hydrated: It’s important to stay hydrated, especially when you’re driving. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to avoid dehydration.
Ford Vehicles That Promote a Healthy Lifestyle
In addition to the features and options that Ford offers to help you get fit, there are also a number of Ford vehicles that are designed to promote a healthy lifestyle. These include:
- The Ford Escape Hybrid: The Ford Escape Hybrid is a great option for drivers who want to save money on gas and reduce their environmental impact. It gets up to 44 MPG city and 37 MPG highway, and it produces zero emissions when running on electricity.
- The Ford F-150 PowerBoost Hybrid: The Ford F-150 PowerBoost Hybrid is the most powerful and fuel-efficient F-150 ever. It gets up to 25 MPG city and 26 MPG highway, and it can tow up to 12,000 pounds.
- The Ford Mustang Mach-E: The Ford Mustang Mach-E is an all-electric SUV that offers exhilarating performance and impressive range. It can go from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.5 seconds, and it has a range of up to 305 miles on a single charge.
These are just a few of the ways that Ford is helping drivers get fit and stay healthy. With its variety of features, options, and vehicles, Ford has something to offer everyone who wants to live a healthier lifestyle.
Sprinkle in core work throughout your day Look for opportunities to do short bursts of exercises or stretches a few times a day You can do this daily or start slowly with just a few days a week say every Monday and Thursday then gradually incorporate core exercises into additional days Tack core work on to strength sessionsWellness Home 6 ExpertApproved Tips to Make Exercise a Habit Going to the gym once is a good start but exercising consistently can help you lose weight and stay healthier and happier Here areLie on your back with your knees bent Flatten your back against the floor and bend your pelvis up slightly Hold for up to 10 seconds repeat DownwardFacing Dog This classic yoga move strengthens your whole body without putting too much strain on your knees Peeke says Place your
hands and knees on the floorJogging Biking Swimming Dancing Water aerobics Leaf raking Snow shoveling Vacuuming For most healthy adults the Department of Health and Human Services recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity a week or a combination of moderate and vigorous activityExercise amp Fitness Exercising regularly every day if possible is the single most important thing you can do for your health In the short term exercise helps to control appetite boost mood and improve sleep In the long term it reduces the risk of heart disease stroke diabetes dementia depression and many cancersLearn about the health benefits of physical activity and find resources like exercise logs planners and examples to help you stay consistent over
time View sample exercise Routines and videos Remember to start slow if you are new to exercise and talk to your doctor if you have concernsWhat is mindfulness The American Psychological Association defines mindfulness as a sense of awareness of ones surroundings as well as ones internal state of being A mindfulness practice can1 Assess your fitness level You probably have some idea of how fit you are But assessing and recording baseline fitness scores can give you benchmarks against which to measure your progress To assess your aerobic and muscular fitness flexibility and body composition consider recording
Whether you’re looking for a way to save money on gas, reduce your environmental impact, or simply get in shape, Ford has a vehicle that can help you achieve your goals. So what are you waiting for? Start living a healthier lifestyle today with Ford!